Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte


This was a super easy, and utterly delicious recipe.
The exact amount of ingredients will very depending on your preference, but really, who can drink just one?


Pumpkin Spice Latte

2 cups of milk (I used skim)
2 heaping tablespoon of my homemade pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
1 heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (If you don't have any, it's super easy to make.)
Sugar or your choice of sweetener to taste
1/2 - 1 tablespoon vanilla
Espresso or very strong brewed coffee, hot

In a small saucepan on med-high heat, combine milk, spices, sweetener, and pumpkin. 

Steam the mixture, stirring constantly. Take care not to boil. 

When the mixture is heated thoroughly, add the vanilla and transfer to blender.

Blend on high speed until milk becomes frothy. Use caution when blending, hot liquids expand quickly in the blender.

Pour the strong coffee into your mug, about 1/3 of the way, then pour the frothy milk mixture on top. 

Reserve the rest of your milk mixture for the 2nd or 3rd latte. If you're feeling nice, you can even share it.

Now, enjoy every last drop!



9 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much for this! I've been dying for an at home version, no Starbucks here!

    http://bresbaubles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that looks TOTALLY Authentic!
    I wish my screen had a "scratch and sniff" feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum yum. This one looks way easier than others I've seen. I think I'll be experimenting this weekend! Thanks! (pinned!)

    Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Shannon! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that looks delicious! Can't wait to give it a try. I'm such a pumpkin addict!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still getting my head around the idea of drinking pumpkin! It's not something that is done over here in Australia but everyone in blogland keeps raving about it. I'm going to have to give it a try!

    Best wishes and happy weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! delish! and if you're near a rita's ice you MUST try the pumpkin flavor. it's outta this world!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This look delicious. I love that you can control how much sugar is in it too! I hope to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing!! Definetly want to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love, I want to hear from each one of you! Your comments put a smile on my face and brighten my day!

Remember, my grandma reads this, so watch your language!
*Inapropriate comments will not be approved for posting.*