Friday, April 20, 2012

Avocado Egg Salad












Pin It

After eating too many of the cookies I made, I decided I needed make up for all those empty calories with something much healthier. I may be biased, but this was definitely the best egg salad I've ever had!

Avocado Egg Salad
4 Servings

4 large (about 50 grams each) hard boiled eggs, peeled
1 large (about 100 grams), ripe avocado
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon lime juice

Halve avocado, remove seed, and scoop the 'meat' into a small bowl.

Add lime juice and spices.

Smash together all ingredients until you have a chunky, applesauce-like consistency.

Take hard boiled eggs and tear into small pieces that are similar in size.

Add eggs to the avocado mixture and stir to combine.


Nutritional Value:


104 calories
8.2 grams of fat
1.7 grams of saturated fat
6.2 grams of protein
2.6 grams of carbohydrates
.25 grams of sugar
1.8 grams of fiber

Serve on rice cakes with fresh baby spinach and tomato slices for a healthy, but filling lunch, with only 45 calories more per serving!



9 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and healthy. will try it sometime.
    See you soon :-) /Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time we get together with food, I will bring some along! It was amazing!

      Delete
    2. Everything with avocado is delicious. I use to have sliced avocado with little pepper on hard rye bread, that is also yummy./A

      Delete
    3. I will have to try it, I've got some of the Swedish rye crisp bread that I need to eat.

      Delete
  2. H Laina,

    Thanks for linking up your recipes to Creative Thursday this week. They both look really yummy and healthy. I can't wait to see what you bring next week.

    Have a great weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making this for lunch tomorrow! I have everything on hand! Also, would love for you to come over to my Tasty Tuesday party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had an Avocado Egg Salad but I keep seeing it everywhere and want to make it, so thanks for posting the recipe! I loooove avocados! This looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never had it before, sounds yummy!! Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The seasoning in this sounds fantastic. Can't wait to make this for my kids for lunch. They are going to be surprised when they bit into their sandwiches. Please share this on my foodie friday linky today. I will also pin it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love, I want to hear from each one of you! Your comments put a smile on my face and brighten my day!

Remember, my grandma reads this, so watch your language!
*Inapropriate comments will not be approved for posting.*