Ok, so by now most of you know that I OCD about a lot of things.
Well, recently it was my spices.
Yes.
My spices needed to look pretty, or at least presentable. So, I painted the spice rack, removed the original labels and replaced them with my own 'chalkboard' labels using contact paper and my favorite liquid chalk markers. Easy, fast, cheap, and uniform!
Have you ever felt the urge to do something like this? If you have, have you acted on this urge, or am I the only weirdo?

Linking up here:
Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy
Be Different Act Normal
Young & Crafty
I Heart Naptime
Under The Table and Dreaming
So Creative
Ask Anna
Embellishing Life
Homemaker on a Dime
C.R.A.F.T.
Craft-O-Maniac
Ginger Snap Crafts
Pinkapotamus
Design DNA
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy
Bella Before & After
Homework
Polka Dots on Parade
Night Owl Crafting
Organize and Decorate Everything
Ginger Snap Crafts
Someday Crafts
A Glimpse Inside
Sugar Bee Crafts






I think this looks great! And whether anyone admits it or not, we ALL do things like that.... what might appear odd on the surface, but when you stand back and look at what you have "created", it is a pretty GREAT feeling!!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a good idea! My spice cabinet is driving me crazy because it is so messy! Thanks for the idea!!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! Yes, I admit to doing things like this all the time. I LOVE/CRAVE being organized! So with the contact paper and chalk marker (both of which I have) is it erasable? That would be awesome!
ReplyDeleteKimberly @ THE BROWN EYES HAVE IT
Thank you ladies! To the 2nd Kimberly, yeah it is erasable, with a damp cloth. I tested it out several ways because I wanted it to stay there with daily use, but be changable if need be. Works like a charm!
ReplyDeleteNot OCD! Organized and uniform is good. I love your handwriting- I seriously thought it had been printed on the computer!
ReplyDeleteFab idea Thank You for sharing
ReplyDeleteCheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com
I love how clean this looks. Great idea! Feel free to stop by and show off your work at my place anytime http://stirizsisters.blogspot.com/2011/08/test.html
ReplyDeleteCorie @ Design DNA
I love chalkboard labels and the chalk markers. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great idea.. wish I had an ounce of organization about anything! A little OCD would do this girl a lot of good.. and your labels look awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share next!
ReplyDeleteLove this!! Thank you - I'm going to do this tomorrow! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Stephanie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea for labelling the spices, love it! I've got this linked to my spice racks post too today, well done!
ReplyDeleteThese look great, really modern and best of all you can actually see what you need to use! I really like the black background on white print Ill be keeping this in mind when I tackle my spices ... I have tubs of them and can never find what I need so end up buying more when I dont need it! I love this you did a great job :)
ReplyDelete