Thursday, July 28, 2011

Living room layout

I've been using my awesome paint skills to try and come up with a new layout for our living room/dining room/office layout. It's the largest room in our apartment, and it's the most used room. The problem is lack of wall space for the larger items like the couches and coffee table and entertainment center. Since replacing these items is far from being in our tiny budget. I have decided to play with the layout to try and maximize the space. Here is the current layout.
Photos can be found here.
This is what the new layout would look like.

I know the room isn't identical in the drawings, but I did the best I could with my serious lack of drawing skills.

By removing the door into this room (bottom left corner) it will open the wall so that the entertainment center will fit. It should give the living area a brighter, more open feel. I think my biggest concern is putting the dining area all the way over in the far corner, making it even further away from the kitchen.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions that will allow us to keep the current furniture and not have to spend money on anything?

I've measured everything, and it will all fit in the new layout, it's just a question of whether or not it will be the most efficient use of the space.


2 comments:

  1. The new layout seems nice. It's so hard for me to visualize sometimes, but I like what I think I see. Where's Nate Burkas when you need him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with your planning! We've wasted a lot of time and effort just moving things on a whim! I can't wait to see what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love, I want to hear from each one of you! Your comments put a smile on my face and brighten my day!

Remember, my grandma reads this, so watch your language!
*Inapropriate comments will not be approved for posting.*