Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Summer-y Summary

Hey y'all!  I'm sure many of you have noticed, I've not been posting lately. Part of that is laziness, part of it is me being busy, and then another part is my brain is ready for vacation! 

We leave in 8 days to go back to Texas for a month, and I am stressed about getting ready for the trip, but I'm still excited to go back home. I can't believe it's been over a year since I've seen my friends and family in Texas!

Friday, June 15th was my Dad's birthday. My brother and his wife gave him the ultimate birthday present. 

This is the newest addition to the family, Drayson.

Here's my brother with his boys, Drake and Drayson.

We've also had several BBQs

and I went to a cocktail party
We've cooked an array of different foods.
We've also been to school, gone shopping, stopped to see the flowers, watched the spiders, and tried to get rid of the wasps, had blood drawn, enjoyed the summer fruits, and learned to dress ourselves.
Well, at least one of us knows how to dress.

We have stayed up too late, and slept in as long as possible, had terrible bed head, consumed plenty of coffee, and made sure to not skip meals. We've worked out, hung out with the kids, and played games with Mormor.

I even had my 1st bloggerversary, which I never got to celebrate!

All in all it's been a rather busy month.

I expect it to be even busier over the summer, so I will probably be pretty scarce until mid August-September. If you would like to see what I'm up to, I regularly post pictures on my Twitter or Instagram, and my personal Facebook account. I'd love for you to come follow me!

I hope y'all have a wonderful summer! I'll be dropping by when I can!



Pin It


6 comments:

  1. Great way to recap...love the picture collages!!!

    Enjoy every minute of your month in Texas! Soak up LOTS of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Drayson is sooo cute! Hope you have a great time in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your visit to Texas!
    What a sweet baby! I bet big brother will be a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Laina,
    Congrats, you have been awarded The Versatile Blogger award for your varied and interesting homemaking blog. Please go to this link for instructions on how to claim your award: http://simplelivingdianebalch.blogspot.com/2012/06/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, I've been MIA too! Lots of nice pictures. Baby sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,dropping in while blog hopping!happy blog anniversary! Do visit me when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love, I want to hear from each one of you! Your comments put a smile on my face and brighten my day!

Remember, my grandma reads this, so watch your language!
*Inapropriate comments will not be approved for posting.*