Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stuffed Chicken


Last week, I was trying to think of something different to do with my sad chicken breasts. I perused the fridge to see what I could come up with, and found some low fat prosciutto, spinach, and feta. I set out to bring a little excitement to my dinner.

It was a delicious success!

I shared the Instagram picture on my person Facebook page, afterwards, and had several recipe requests. So, I decided to make it again for dinner last night and share the recipe with everyone.

Stuffed Chicken
serves 1


1 chicken breast 
1 tablespoon cream cheese
2 tablespoons crumbled feta
1 tablespoon  fresh chives, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
3-5 asparagus spears (1 small handful spinach, chopped)
3 strips prosciutto
1 wooden skewer cut in half (or 2 toothpicks)


To begin, mix together the cheeses, chives, garlic, and spinach (if using).

Then, butterfly the chicken breast and pound it thin.

Evenly spread cheese mixture on top the the chicken, covering as best you can. Top with asparagus spears.

Roll the chicken up tightly, wrap it with the prosciutto strips, and secure with skewers or toothpicks.

Place in a foil lined roasting pan and bake in a 400F/200C pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes, or until juices run clear.

Remove and let sit for a few minutes.

And last but not least, enjoy!

*If you're wondering, this recipe needs no added salt, unless you really love salty food.


Pin It


5 comments:

  1. looks good! can i use bacon and asparagus from can instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course! Bacon would be a good sub for the prosciutto, as long as you have enough to wrap the whole rolled up chicken breast. Canned asparagus would work, but you will want to make sure it's very well drained. Any other vegetables would probably work as well.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness... YUM!! I wanna try! Will you come cook for my family ;) haha

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love, I want to hear from each one of you! Your comments put a smile on my face and brighten my day!

Remember, my grandma reads this, so watch your language!
*Inapropriate comments will not be approved for posting.*