Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mini Christmas Wreath


Since Thanksgiving is not celebrated here in Denmark, I decided to go ahead and start on some of my Christmas and winter decorations. It's hard to find much as far as holiday decorating is concerned around here, but Christmas is one decorated holiday here in Denmark! I've already blown most of my tiny decorating budget on as much Christmas stuff as possible.

I started with the biggest (which is actually tiny) Styrofoam wreath form I could find. I used  satin wire ribbon and secured it with pins, then wrapped the whole thing. Then using twine, I repeated, spacing the twine as evenly as possible. The small snowflakes are actually holiday confetti left over from last year. I just secured them to the wreath with pins.

I tied more twine to the back of the wreath and secured it with what Danes call "decorations tape", I call it colored electrical tape. 

The whole thing cost about $4, which makes my husband very happy.

How does it look?
Pin It


12 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! Love the red, very vibrant!
    I'm not ready to even think about Christmas yet, let alone decor!! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wreath! I am in full Christmas deco mode too. Here in the UK as soon as Halloween is over, the shops are straight in with their Christmas stuff - I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very festive. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The colors you chose are so gorgeous :)

    Love for you to join my Linky Party - JAQS "Made by ME" at http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/11/made-by-me-6-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the nice compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. visiting from Home Decor and Organizing- wow! so great!! super love the big snowflake hanging in the center- just brilliant :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Shauna! Glad you dropped by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out so pretty!

    We are having a Home for the Holidays link party on our blog and I know that our readers would think your wreath was adorable! We would love for you to join us!

    http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2011/11/home-for-holidays-link-party_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, very beautiful. Can't wait to start on my Christmas Wreaths! I found your blog from Ginger Snaps, and now I'm following you!
    If you have a second to look at my blog, I would appreciate it!
    The Allred Abode
    Also, do you button swap?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful wreath! I love everything about it! Stopped by from Sundae Scoop :) AJ@queenofmynest

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love, I want to hear from each one of you! Your comments put a smile on my face and brighten my day!

Remember, my grandma reads this, so watch your language!
*Inapropriate comments will not be approved for posting.*