Saturday, June 4, 2011

Zucchini Chicken Burgers

Last night, I made the most scrumptious chicken burgers I've ever tasted in my life!

I tend to make recipes up as I go. If I look up a recipe, it's usually for ideas or cooking times. Thus the reason I rarely bake. I can't follow the directions very well. Most of what I bake looks pretty pathetic, though it usually tastes good. Anyway, enough about that, let me show you this awesome burger action!

You will need:


800 grams of ground chicken



1 medium - large zucchini (finely shredded)


2 eggs


1/4-ish cup of bread crumbs


1 teaspoon-ish of sea salt
2 or 3-ish teaspoons of pepper or pepper mix
2-ish teaspoons of garlic powder


a "ka-chunk" of canola oil (I prefer EVOO, but we don't have any.)


at least 1 frying pan
a handy dandy spatula
and lastly, a stove top


How to make:

Add eggs to zucchini and mix well with your hands or a spoon.


Next comes the ground chicken.


Then, toss in the seasonings and bread crumbs, and mix again. Meanwhile, turn your pan on to heat up, and add the "ka-chunk" of oil.


After it's all mixed up, shape into patties (or my husband's preferred method, spoon into the pan and flatten with the spatula) and drop into your hot pan and cook. 


I have an electric stove, and cheap aluminum pans, so I usually start at medium-high heat and turn my pan down to medium after the outside has seared. (I have no idea how long I cook things, just cook until it's done.)

While the burgers are cooking to their awesome perfection, it's time to work on a side. 


Spicy Fries
(Here's where I forgot to take pictures, but it is super simple.)

  • Take a bag of french fries (or in my case, potato slices) from the freezer.
  • Put your desired amount in a bag.
  • Add garlic powder (or any spices you want), and enough hot sauce/salsa to coat.
  • Close bag and shake until all the potatoes are coated well.
  • Spread evenly on a pan, lined with parchment paper.
  • Bake per instructions on bag, but add about 5-ish minutes to the cooking time, or you will have soggy potatoes.
  • Don't forget to stir the potatoes a bit once or twice while cooking or they will stick to the parchment.


While the fries are baking, it's time to prepare anything you wish to put on your burger. In my case, that is tomatoes, onions, spinach, cheese, and of course the burger bun. 


Finally, serve and enjoy!


Nutritional Value:
1 chicken burger (excluding bun, toppings, and fries) has approximately.
169.25 calories 
6.2 grams of fat
1.4 grams of saturated fat
23.1 grams of protein
5.6 grams of carbohydrates
0 grams of sugar
0.5 grams of fiber


Linking up here:

Bella Before and After

14 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! Thanks for mentioning it on my blog :) I'm adding it to my recipe collection, thanks for sharing! I will have to check out your other recipes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good!!! The pictures are AWESOME too! I never make my own burgers. I am going to have to give this a go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, if you make these, let me know what you think. I tend to look in my fridge to see what I have and then get busy creating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good and healthy! I'll have to try it with my kids. I like ground chicken so much more than ground turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's also great and easy way to sneak vegetabgles in! They were very moist and had great flavor. I hope you like them as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! these look really good! I found your blog through a link party and i LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for following me Nikki! I will go check your blog out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm now craving these! Looks delish! I'd love it if you'd come link up this and any others you'd like to my recipe contest/linky.

    http://www.bigklittlea.com/2011/06/june-concours-dcusine.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are, thanks! I'll go link up right now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, these look AMAZING.... I have never had zucchini in my burgers before, but that just sounds incredible. I can't wait to try it out,,, and btw I love the way you list your ingredients, that is EXACTLY how I cook too, he he.

    I'd also LOVE to invite you to check out my weekly parties. I would be so happy if you linked up, this and any other fabulous project you are working on.
    Stop by anytime to say hello!!!
    Hugs, Bella :)
    **AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After Any projects, recipes, diy welcome.
    **PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. Any party planning tips, decorations, invitations, recipes welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, Bella! I'll go link up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Laina,

    You already know I FEATURED you girl, but just had to come say again how awesome these look, and I really can't wait to try this out. YUMMY!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to my party :)
    Come grab a button girl, and display it proudly!

    Hugs, Bella **Features from week #43 & 44** @ Bella Before and After
    **PARTY PLANNING TUESDAYS** @ Euro Style Cakes. Party planning tips, decorations, invitations, and recipes welcome to link up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some comment love, I want to hear from each one of you! Your comments put a smile on my face and brighten my day!

Remember, my grandma reads this, so watch your language!
*Inapropriate comments will not be approved for posting.*